Bring your laptops to class this week. If you haven't looked at the website, go check it out before you get to class. Here's the link: The Nifkin Voice
We need to finish the website project this week: here's the link to the team documents and here is the Submission Sheet.
We need to start promoting the website this week.
Be sure that you've put a printed-out copy of the article you wrote into your manila folder so you get credit for it. You will be also writing up a reflection paper about the work you've done on the website so you should try to keep track of the work you're doing. (Example: "I spent one class helping the Macro Team, then I micro-edited five articles.")
Your portfolios are due Friday at noon. Here is what your manila folder should hold:
1) Short paper about #TvsZ and what we learn from games
2) Copy of the article that you wrote for the website
3) Reflection paper about the work you've done on the website
Here are the kinds of things you can include in your reflection paper
- Which teams you were on (ex. Micro Editing) and what work you did. Be as specific as possible.
- What you've contributed to the website project in terms of ideas and planning.
- What you learned from the website project.
- An assessment of the website project (Was this a valuable project? What was valuable about it -- and what parts seemed like wasted time? Should I do this with my students again next fall? What would you do differently?)
- A critique of the website itself. How could it be improved? What advice would you have for the next group of students to work on something like this?
Lastly, give me feedback about the course. Here's the link.